BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend

Sign in to follow this  
Admin

introduction thread

new to the site? introduce yourself here. 

Posted (edited)

I was going to make a thread like this with some of those introductory questions I've seen on forums before so I'll post them here and use them if you want:

What's your real name?

What's the story behind your username?

What country are you from?

How did you find billieeili.sh?

What's your favourite Billie song?

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?'

What's your favourite vine?

What's your favourite food?

Do you have any hobbies?

Which other artists do you stan?

Have you seen Billie live?

Anything else you want to say? :flop:

Edited by BlueMadonna

What's your real name? I'd prefer not to say :finger:

What's the story behind your username? It's one of my favourite albums; Blue Madonna by BØRNS.

What country are you from? New Zealand :gah:

How did you find billieeili.sh? Through GagaDaily :classic_love:

What's your favourite Billie song? watch :awesome:

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' don't smile at me :gah: I love the album but don't smile at me has had more longevity for me. Every song is wonderful and I just love the really teenage vibe about it all, very relatable content :gah:

What's your favourite vine? To make a long f**kin story short, I put a whole bag of jelly beans up my ass, and it's 24 hours later and I ain't finding nuthin' yet :lmfao:

What's your favourite food? Lasagna but I'm gluten free so I don't get to eat it often :cry:

Do you have any hobbies? I play football and tennis, and I read a LOT, I've recently started collecting vinyl and I'm learning how to make music.

Which other artists do you stan? Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, BØRNS, Amy Shark, alt-J, Frank Ocean :genius:

Have you seen Billie live? Nope :cry: I missed her three times from being on holiday. I'm sure she'll come to NZ again though. 

Anything else you want to say? 'watch' has the best bridge in the history of music:legend:

Posted (edited)

What's your real name?

-Hunter-:shady:

-I like ARTPOP and it’s the same username I have on GGD.-:shady:

-US, Florida to be exact-:shady:

-Admin posted a thread on GGD-:shady:

-Bad Guy-:shady:

-WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP-:shady:

-Quesadillas, pizza, cake, candy. :shady:

Do you have any hobbies?

-I workout, I’m into Jeeps and I like making stuff-:shady:

-Gaga, Pink, Katy, Taylor, Kelly, Black Eyed Peas-:shady:

-No-:cry:

Favorite emote?

This one. :shady:

Edited by ARTPOPSTER

16 minutes ago, BlueMadonna said:

What's the story behind your username? It's one of my favourite albums; Blue Madonna by BØRNS.

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' don't smile at me :gah: I love the album but don't smile at me has had more longevity for me. Every song is wonderful and I just love the really teenage vibe about it all, very relatable content :gah:

What's your favourite vine? To make a long f**kin story short, I put a whole bag of jelly beans up my ass, and it's 24 hours later and I ain't finding nuthin' yet :lmfao:

What's your favourite food? Lasagna but I'm gluten free so I don't get to eat it often :cry:

Do you have any hobbies? I play football and tennis, and I read a LOT, I've recently started collecting vinyl and I'm learning how to make music.

Which other artists do you stan? Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, BØRNS, Amy Shark, alt-J, Frank Ocean :genius:

Have you seen Billie live? Nope :cry: I missed her three times from being on holiday. I'm sure she'll come to NZ again though. 

Anything else you want to say? 'watch' has the best bridge in the history of music:legend:

how do you feel about &burn? :gah:

17 minutes ago, BlueMadonna said:

Is your real name Madonna? :shady:

What's your real name? A mystery :shady:

What's the story behind your username? It refers to Diamond Heart, one of my favorite Gaga songs :classic_love:

What country are you from? Germany :gah:

How did you find billieeili.sh? @Admin invited me :shady:

What's your favourite Billie song? lovely :shady:

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' Haven't heard the first one yet, don't come for me :tired:

What's your favourite food? Wiener Schnitzel with fries :gah:

Do you have any hobbies? I loooove music :gah:

Which other artists do you stan? Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry & Rihanna are my Top 4 :shady:

Have you seen Billie live? Not yet :shady:

Anything else you want to say? @Admin make ArianaGrandeDaily happen please :shady:

What's your real name? Aaron :hor:

What's the story behind your username? :genius:

What country are you from? U.S. 

How did you find billieeili.sh? GagaDaily :firega: (ty again @Admin)

What's your favourite Billie song? Bored, xanny, my boy :heart:

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' don't smile at me has a very very special place in my heart, but I also like to pretend WWAFA was sent up from hell just for me :gah:

What's your favourite vine? iz me jessie n ari, if we.. if they test me they sorry.. ridehisuhlike aHarleythenpulloffinhisFerrari

timeline_1516934225_00021.jpg

What's your favourite food? Vegan cashew sauce mac n' cheese :cry: but also pasta in general. 

Do you have any hobbies? All things horror, vinyl, & occasional painting.

Which other artists do you stan? Lady Gaga, Kim Petras, & Miley Cyrus

Have you seen Billie live? Next month. :cry:

Anything else you want to say? I hope this site grows big enough for Billie to see it.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12976816

29 minutes ago, aaron l said:

how do you feel about &burn? :gah:

I try not to think about her

29 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Is your real name Madonna? :shady:

shh :shady:

18 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

What's your favourite food? Wiener Schnitzel with fries :gah:

Honestly I've always thought wiener schnitzel was a German stereotype, so I am high key geeking out rn :shady:

What's your real name?

:genius:

my first favorite Billie song, and I like the word soooooo

Mexico

reddit!

this is so hard, but it has to be xanny, goodbye or lovely

WWAFAWDWG

with this bitch, ayyyyyyy!

I love pretty much almost all food slkd

Do you have any hobbies?

I like design a lot!

twenty one pilots and Lana Del Rey, groundbreaking

not yet :(

Anything else you want to say? 

xanny is that bitch, periodT.

spacer.png

Whats your real name: my little secret :shady:

What’s the story behind your username: Well it’s basically just my name I chose several years ago with some X to give it a flair. 

What country are you from: USA :hor:

How did you find billieeili.sh: my friend @RockwellMonster literally told me about it and I raced here as soon as I could. 

Whats your favorite Billie song: this ones TOUGH, but I have to say When The Partys Over. It came out during a rough period for me and I couldn’t more thankful for it. 

‘don't smile at me’ or ‘WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO?’: definitely the album. The EP was amazing but she really did THAT with her debut.

Whats your favorite vine: Free Shavacodo

Whats your favorite food: SPAGHETTI. I can eat so much do it. Probably why I’m still fat :air:

Do you have any hobbies: I love video games. Gamer at heart. I also love reading now, so many books piled up to read. I also enjoy walks and the such. Just basic things. OH and writing poems. 

Which other artist do you stan: Oh lord. Taylor, Lorde Rihanna, Beyoncé, BORNS, Marina, Troye Sivan, Gaga, Billie (duh), Halsey. So many more. Recently got into Lykke Li! 

Have you seen Billie live: no because I’m a broke as hell and feel too old for confers now :cry:

What's your real name? Alexa

What's the story behind your username? my name is my username haha

What country are you from? USA

How did you find billieeili.sh? through their insta page

What's your favourite Billie song? ilomilo currently 

'don't smile at me' or 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?' WWAFAWDWG 

What's your favourite vine? omg I cant pickahhhkkkk

What's your favourite food? I hmm probably avocados or gluten free waffles

Do you have any hobbies? I do theatre! I also love to draw, sing, make music, and make videos 

Which other artists do you stan? I love young the giant and Matt maeson 

Have you seen Billie live? no :( but I am trying to see her in June!

Anything else you want to say? I love this page, and im so excited to be on here and talk to everyone!!!

9 hours ago, aaron l said:

Honestly I've always thought wiener schnitzel was a German stereotype, so I am high key geeking out rn :shady:

I think that's probably the only traditional German food I like :genius:

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @BlueMadonna for the great template!

What's your real name?

Thomas.

Boy... that's a long story. Lemme put that shit in a spoiler.

Spoiler

"Didymus" is basically a cluster term organizing around itself various personal connections and coincidences about my name:

1. "Didymus" = Greek for "twin". Coincidentally, I'm a Gemini.

2. "Twin" is also the root of my real life name, Thomas, so you could say that "Didymus" = "twin" = "Thomas". For example, Thomas the Apostle of the New Testament was known in Greek as Didymus.

3. Thomas the Apostle is my favorite of the Apostles, mainly because of his status as the "Doubting Thomas". Thomas the Apostle doubted the resurrection of Jesus until he saw His figure with his own eyes and actually put his finger in one of His wounds. In common speech, a "Doubting Thomas" is used to refer to someone who only believes something based on direct, personal experience. I wouldn't say I'm like that all the time, but the value of personal experience, especially related to spirituality, is very important to me, and so is doubt itself.

4. When I was baptized (I'm not a Christian btw if you're wondering by now, just raised in a semi-Christian family), my grandfather (not a Christian either) "blessed" me in a little speech with five words that started with the letters of my name. I only found this out when I was a teenager and found that all of those words signified very important values. One of them was actually doubt (the Dutch word for "doubt" is "twijfel" and so it uses the first letter of my name). While I came to love Thomas the Apostle as a story figure, later on in my life it turned out that I was actually "blessed" with doubt in a Church of Christ. This biographical coincidence is also quite important to me.

5. The most famous historical "Didymuses" all reflect personal interests of mine. There's Arius Didymus, the 1st c. BC Stoic philosopher (I relate to Stoicism a lot), the 1st c. CE Hellenist scholar Didymus Chalcenterus (the Hellenistic period and culture is one of my favorite historical areas to study), the 1st c. CE Didymus the Musician and the 4th c. CE Didymus the Blind who taught music (one of my great passions) and theology (I study religion academically) in Alexandria (my favorite ancient city),... all of them are connected to me in some way, which is another name-based coincidence.

6. Very superficially, another important reasons is that it sounds a little mysterious, intriguing and intellectual. I hate to admit it, but I do actively enjoy being perceived that way as a person.

Belgium (Flanders).

Through lurking on Gaga Daily. I was temporarily banned there for collecting too many warning points but I still read some threads from time to time. I saw Admin's own announcement there and immediately decided to join (instead of going back to Gaga Daily).

It's probably not the best in her catalogue, but my favorite to listen to is Bury a Friend.

WWEAFAWDWG.

Any vine with Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams acting a fool.

I have an absolutely killer recipe for vegan enchiladas with lime-coriander sauce.

Do you have any hobbies?

Walking in nature, going to theme parks (I love a good theme park), critically analyzing literature, music and film,... so not really but I invent my own.

Absu, Dead Can Dance, Preoccupations, Randy Newman, Stanley Clarke, The Kinks, Van der Graaf Generator.

So yeah, a pretty eclectic mix. In terms of mainstream artists, I come closest to "stanning" for Beyoncé, FKA twigs, Grimes, Janelle Monáe, Lana Del Rey, Miley Cyrus from time to time, Katy Perry and Madonna. And I check up on what Gaga is doing regularly (more than a lot of these others, actually) but my real fandom stopped from 2014 onwards.

Only on screen.

Anything else you want to say?

Say no to factory farming.

Edited by Didymus

8 hours ago, Didymus said:

Do you have any hobbies?

Walking in nature, going to theme parks (I love a good theme park), critically analyzing literature, music and film,... so not really but I invent my own.

What type of rides do you like most at theme parks? :woot:

Just now, aaron l said:

What type of rides do you like most at theme parks? :woot:

Rollercoasters and dark rides, mostly.

I like the fast and intense ones but I also love immersive, detailed décor and theming. If I can have both in combination I'm in heaven basically :gah:

So stuff like Taron at Phantasialand or Tower of Terror in the Disney parks is perfection to me:

klugheim4.jpg

161e3a78b5f3058ee5b4968003a5edd5.jpg

Super intense but also jaw-droppingly stunning in terms of design and execution.

What about you? :shady:

25 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Rollercoasters and dark rides, mostly.

I like the fast and intense ones but I also love immersive, detailed décor and theming. If I can have both in combination I'm in heaven basically :gah:

So stuff like Taron at Phantasialand or Tower of Terror in the Disney parks is perfection to me:

klugheim4.jpg

161e3a78b5f3058ee5b4968003a5edd5.jpg

Super intense but also jaw-droppingly stunning in terms of design and execution.

What about you? :shady:

I grew up absolutely loving rollercoasters, however I had this strange anxiety at a local Six Flags park a few years ago. :cry: I need to get myself back on them this summer! I still dream of visiting Cedar Point in the US. 

I know what you mean though, my very local theme park that I have gone to since a child had a "scary" tunnel ride that I always loved simply just for the fact of it being creepy and dark. Of course it is quite silly going through it as an adult, the nostalgia of it brings me joy. 

25 minutes ago, aaron l said:

I still dream of visiting Cedar Point in the US.  

Oh yeah. Bucket list shit :gah: