New Video

Eros

Game of Thrones

Is anyone else watching the final season?

Is anyone else bitterly disappointed after 2 years of agonising waiting?

5 hours ago, Eros said:

Is anyone else watching the final season?

Is anyone else bitterly disappointed after 2 years of agonising waiting?

yes, i feel like this season is kind of meh/okay, it could be so mucy better though

two episodes to finnish and i feel like i haven't seen an finale worthy season

Okay... ep 1 of this season was good. Not great, just good. 

Ep 2 was great imo. 

Ep 3 was amazing, and idc what anyone says, that storyline ended how it should’ve ended, didn’t need to be stretched out more cause it would just distract from what the show is really about

Ep 4 was kind of angering. It made me dislike some of my favourite characters, therefore making me dislike the show for writing them this way. It was a mistake of an episode and should’ve been done better (although Emilia, Lena, Peter, and Sofie gave amazing performances and deserve nominations for them)

Spoiler

Overall, by far not the best season even a by a little, but there are some stellar moments sprinkled in here and there, and it reaffirms why Arya is the best character plain and simple. 

I want Danny to rain fire down on everyone, but I expect her to die, alongside a little piece of me when that happens. 

The writing is definitely so much worse now:tired: but i still kinda enjoy it because of the cast and production :shady:

Everything went downhill when they didn't have the novels to lean on anymore :wtf: I've started feeling it since season 4 which was still great but started showing cracks. Then the rest of the seasons all had their glorious moments, but in general the writing was so off...

Overall, I still think this season is better than the recent meltdowns are painting it. The first two episodes were kinda fantastic tbh. Yes, The Long Night wasn't the episode we were hoping it was gonna be and the way it resolved the whole "Winter is coming..." storyline, which really was the heart of the story since episode 1, was a downright DISASTER but that last episode was kinda fabulous tbh, I don't get the hate for it. Yes, the Starks scenes were frustrating af but Dany's storyline was finally well done, after seasons of mediocre writing :woot:

So I'm not giving up hope yet. I read all the spoilers and they still have a decent shot at ending the story well if they write/film it right. But I always thought the books were better so for me it's not such a disaster if the show fucks up. If only George doesn't fuck up I'm happy :shady:

I like where the story is going and where it's gonna end (if the leaks are right) but they needed more time to explain everything, so much happened in the last 2 seasons when it could of been stretched out if they made a new season or two. I'm also thinking of reading the books :excited:

21 minutes ago, Gam said:

I like where the story is going and where it's gonna end (if the leaks are right) but they needed more time to explain everything, so much happened in the last 2 seasons when it could of been stretched out if they made a new season or two. I'm also thinking of reading the books :excited:

I have read the first 2 but I'm waiting for the series to end to continue :genius:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

I have read the first 2 but I'm waiting for the series to end to continue :genius:

How were they? My attention span is pretty bad so i'm not sure if I could get through them :tired:

Edited by Gam

1 hour ago, Gam said:

How were they? My attention span is pretty bad so i'm not sure if I could get through them :tired: 

If your attention span is pretty bad they're not recommended tbh, even though you knowing the characters and main events from the show are gonna help a TON.

If you do choose to read it, make sure you keep reading in a steady pace, it's near impossible to pick back up again if you leave them alone for a while because you'll forget all about the names, places, etc., it's a lot harder than the show 'cause you get so much more info and details. But if you dedicate yourself to reading like one little chapter (they're not long) per day, it'll be a blast tbh, the books are a lot better than the show, everyone who's read them agrees as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

If your attention span is pretty bad they're not recommended tbh, even though you knowing the characters and main events from the show are gonna help a TON.

If you do choose to read it, make sure you keep reading in a steady pace, it's near impossible to pick back up again if you leave them alone for a while because you'll forget all about the names, places, etc., it's a lot harder than the show 'cause you get so much more info and details. But if you dedicate yourself to reading like one little chapter (they're not long) per day, it'll be a blast tbh, the books are a lot better than the show, everyone who's read them agrees as far as I know.

Thanks i'll definitely take it slow, I might wait until the next books come out to read (whenever that is :tired:)

2 hours ago, Gam said:

Thanks i'll definitely take it slow, I might wait until the next books come out to read (whenever that is :tired:) 

When the GoT spin-offs are already finished probably :nooo:

Like, girls in this thread... can we talk about at least 3 and possibly 5 spin-off shows coming immediately after GoT ends? :gah: George confirmed that the first one will start filming in just a couple of months.

Will y'all watch it or nah :genius:

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

When the GoT spin-offs are already finished probably :nooo:

Like, girls in this thread... can we talk about at least 3 and possibly 5 spin-off shows coming immediately after GoT ends? :gah: George confirmed that the first one will start filming in just a couple of months.

Will y'all watch it or nah :genius:

I'm definitely gonna watch them!

I'd love so so much to see Robert and Ned back in the day but I remember George denying that will happen :tired:
Also love to see the earlier targaryans, I feel like their past would be very interesting to watch 

6 hours ago, Didymus said:

Overall, I still think this season is better than the recent meltdowns are painting it. The first two episodes were kinda fantastic tbh. Yes, The Long Night wasn't the episode we were hoping it was gonna be and the way it resolved the whole "Winter is coming..." storyline, which really was the heart of the story since episode 1, was a downright DISASTER but that last episode was kinda fabulous tbh, I don't get the hate for it. Yes, the Starks scenes were frustrating af but Dany's storyline was finally well done, after seasons of mediocre writing :woot:

My second post was a bit dramatic, but I feel some of the mistakes/overlooks in this season are more unforgivable than ever before. :madge: It seems minor in the grand scheme but King's Landing suddenly being in a desert is so jarring. I don't think the faults lie with the writing of the characters so much as narrative choices that make no sense (see: suddenly forgetting the iron fleet exists off the coast of DS).

I'm still looking forward to the spin-offs though. I hope they are less Westeros-heavy. Ideally, I'd like to see Asshai but I'm not banking on it.

4 minutes ago, Gam said:

Also love to see the earlier targaryans, I feel like their past would be very interesting to watch 

Totally here for that :tea: It would also be fun to compare special effects on those dragons :genius: (I'm sure that at least one of the spin-offs is indeed gonna plan on featuring those giant dragons).

3 minutes ago, Eros said:

Ideally, I'd like to see Asshai but I'm not banking on it.

Ughhh yessss I would DIE :sick:

4 minutes ago, Eros said:

My second post was a bit dramatic, but I feel some of the mistakes/overlooks in this season are more unforgivable than ever before. :madge: It seems minor in the grand scheme but King's Landing suddenly being in a desert is so jarring. I don't think the faults lie with the writing of the characters so much as narrative choices that make no sense (see: suddenly forgetting the iron fleet exists off the coast of DS).

I don't disagree but I do think it's character choices ánd narrative choices, often in combo, like how Arya's, Bran's and Sansa's storylines all stopped making sense the last few seasons, as well as Dany's and Jon's in the last one. No one I know believes for a second those two are in love and it feels 100% like a plot device, just like Sam going to study in Oldtown to completely unrealistically cure Jorah's greyscale ánd coincidentally find out that Jon is not a Northern bastard felt 100% like a plot device.

But yeah, the narrative decisions are almost entertainingly awful these days. To name just one absurd example that everyone has called out: how Rhaegal died with three expertly aimed arrows but Dany could fly straight onto an entire fleet (for no apparent reason) and miss all fired arrows effortlessly. Like, yeah... just a total wtf + why?! moment that really is embarrassing for such a big show.

19 minutes ago, Eros said:

I'm still looking forward to the spin-offs though. I hope they are less Westeros-heavy. Ideally, I'd like to see Asshai but I'm not banking on it.

I agree but I still haven't seen an episode worse then season 7: Beyond the wall :oops:

5 minutes ago, Varys said:

I agree but I still haven't seen an episode worse then season 7: Beyond the wall :oops: 

Bring that justified shade

tenor.gif?itemid=5394568

Well that was... awful :interestinga:

Worst reviewed episode in GoT history. Great job guys.

I’m just so upset. Some of the actors best performances to date though holy fuck :applause:

but the writing was NOT it :finger: